Managing Partner, Chief Executive Officer
With over 30 years of health care business and financial advisory experience, Gerry has engineered a broad range of successful engagements encompassing the health care and business industries. With a persistent focus on enhanced business solutions, Gerry has provided leadership advisory services to numerous health care organizations including federal, state and local government programs, managed care organizations, health care systems, publicly traded health care organizations, community hospitals and hospital networks, multi/single specialty group physician practices and physician practice management companies.
Prior to forming Corrigo Health Care Solutions LLC, Gerry served as Ernst & Young’s Southeastern Partner where he was nationally recognized for successfully developing and managing its most successful business unit and growing a multimillion dollar client portfolio extending across six states and 17 firm office locations. Following his E&Y tenure, he was Senior Partner for the CPA Health Care Advisory firm Pershing Yoakley & Associates where he established the Florida Operations Office.
Below are examples of Gerry’s experience:
- Gerry has served as the Department of Veterans Affairs National Managed Care Advisor. In this role, he advised the VA on the market rates that managed care organizations pay non-government providers in each of the VA service areas. In addition to VA, Gerry has provided managed care advisory services to a number of leading health care organizations. His experience with managed care contracting and market rates includes over 200 unique geographic service areas in 50 states and Puerto Rico.
- Gerry has successfully implemented national health care business plans; recruited, trained and mentored many successful industry executives and professionals; implemented enterprise-wide quality process improvement initiatives; and consistently demonstrated an ability to deliver business improvements and sustained revenue growth.
- Gerry has served as an expert witness on numerous occasions including being retained by United Health Care in a dispute with HCA. The engagement required Gerry to render an expert opinion on managed care market rates in a local market.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Arts, University of South Florida
- Certified Public Accountant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Medical Group Management Association
- Disabled American Veterans
- Veterans of Foreign Wars